Find the best Android and iOS apps for travel industry.
As eternal learners, we always find it exciting to discover new mobile apps and platforms through which we can learn different languages. A mobile app that can help in improving your language skill is very important.
However, there are multiple language learning apps available in the market that are designed to adapt themselves to the skill set of individual learners. So, how do you choose one for yourself? When you look for a language learning app, then look for some unique features that make learning a new language easy.
Here is a list of the 6 best language learning mobile apps that you can use to learn a new language.
It is one of the top language learning apps and has more than 10 million subscribers. The language learning curriculum of this app is designed by linguists who have used innovative and interactive teaching techniques.
You have to pay $ 13.95 per month to access all the features of this app. You can choose your subscription either on a monthly, three-monthly, six-monthly, or yearly basis.
Key Features of Babbel Mobile App
- Interactive dialogue that would help in improving your pronunciation.
- Flexible schedule of 10- 15 minutes lessons for easy learning.
- Immersive teaching style for ease of learning.
- Remember your earlier lessons by using the special review feature of the app.
- Engage in real-life conversation after a comprehensive lesson of listening, speaking, and writing.
Memrise app helps you to learn a language by learning real-world phrases. As a beginner, you would be learning these phrases from native speakers who are enacting real-life situations on videos in which these phrases are used. This will help you to understand when and how specific phrases are used and how to pronounce them.
You can buy its month-to-month subscription plan for $ 8.99 only. However, if you want to buy their annual plan then your monthly subscription will get reduced to $ 7.50 only.
Key Features of Memrise Mobile App
- A lot of content to understand and learn the language easily.
- Inclusion of game elements that makes learning through this app fun.
- Real-world phrases to help you understand when and where they have to be used.
- Learn at your own pace with different levels of learning.
- Download content for offline viewing so that you can study even if your internet is down.
This amazing app allows you to learn more than 35 languages for absolutely free. You can learn languages by going through its game-like lesson teaching style which is both interesting and innovative. The entire learning process is built on an app progressive approach, which means that once you have completed a level, you would be able to unlock the next level after you give the right answer to a specific number of questions.
Key Features of Duolingo Mobile App
- Completely free language learning app.
- Well organized and has a progressive teaching style.
- Gamification of the learning style that makes it interesting for students.
- Short lessons so that students don’t get overwhelmed.
- Track your progress by setting goals and getting playful awards when you reach them.
If you are looking for a great language learning app that has a unique and immersive style of learning, then Rosetta Stone should be your top pick. This app with more than 25 years of experience uses the latest technologies like audio recognition and AI to analyze your learning style. Based on its analysis, the app allows you to choose the perfect curriculum that fits your style of learning.
This app gives you a range of subscription plans from $ 7.99 for a three-month course to $ 11.199 for a one-year plan. However, if you love to learn new languages, then you can take their lifetime access plan of $179 and can learn unlimited languages at your leisure.
Key Features of Rosetta Stone Mobile App
- Multiple pricing options so that you can choose one that fulfills your needs.
- A personalized lesson plan that fits in with your learning style.
- Proven teaching method for great results.
- Perfect fit for any schedule with small 10-minute lesson modules.
- Real-time pronunciation with the patented TrueAccent technology.
Mondly is a great language learning app with which you can learn a new language for free. This app focuses on helping you build vocabulary. It uses exciting language learning lessons that are fun to learn. This app has an inbuilt speech recognition technology that helps you to learn at your own pace by adjusting the lessons as per your learning style.
Key Features of Mondly Mobile App
- Learn up to 33 languages which makes this app perfect for linguists, travelers, and anyone who is interested in learning a new language.
- Learn in a fun and engaging way so that you don’t feel overwhelmed at any time.
- Clear audio lessons by professional voice actors to help with your pronunciation.
- Small learning sessions make it perfect for someone who is on a tight schedule.
- Smart speech recognition tool that adjusts as per your learning style.
This language learning app uses a unique goal-oriented approach to ensure that its user learns according to a particular format to achieve some set goals. This app allows you to learn vocabulary by going through topic-based lessons which help in improving your conversational skills rapidly.
Busuu has multiple subscription plans to learn a language including the basic free plan which has limited features, the Premium plan which is available for $ 10.8 per month is for only one language. The Premium Plus plan which is available for $ 11.89 allows you to learn up to 12 languages.
Key Features of Busuu Mobile App
- Learning with native speakers for faster learning and improving fluency.
- A goal-oriented approach to regularly checking your progress.
- Well-structured courses so that every aspect of the language is taught properly.
- Fits in well with your schedule with the study plan feature.
- Learn basic and advanced grammar with the smart grammar tool.
These are just some of the popular language learning apps that are available in the market. This article has given you a broader idea of what each one of these language learning app offers. You can now choose which one of these apps best suits your style.