Find the best Android and iOS apps for travel industry.
Navigation mobile applications are extremely popular as they offer an easy-to-follow route so that people can find their destination without much problem. In addition to providing navigation, these apps also help you find places of interest nearby like shopping malls, ATMs, bus stops et cetera.
For all these advantages people love to download and install navigational apps on their smartphones. At present, there are innumerable such apps available in the market, some of which are available for free, whereas for others you have to pay an annual subscription.
If you are interested in finding the right navigation app, then you have to look at how much storage space it occupies, whether it is free or paid, does it offers integrated features like sharing of your location on your social media account, etc. To help you find the right app, we have put together a list of some great navigational apps along with their features.
These are the top six navigational mobile apps that are listed without any particular order.
Google Maps – Places, Navigation & Traffic
Google Maps is considered one of the best navigation apps with a wide range of features and is available for free. Using this app you can get a 360° street view that is boosted with augmented reality, satellite imagery, and route to your destination along with timing by foot, car, or bus.
The great thing about this AI-powered app is that it also offers real-time traffic information so that you can plan your journey route. While it has innumerable advantages, it also has some disadvantages.
Key Features of Google Maps
- You Real-time traffic information.
- It gives an approximate time to arrive at your destination.
- It offers services for multiple forms of transportation.
- It is available offline also so It is the best feature of this app.
- You can give a review of the places you’ve visited.
- You can see the street view as well as indoor imagery for most of the popular places.
- You can make a list of your favorite locations and also share it with your friends and family members.
Although this navigational app offers many functions that are similar to Google’s map, its main focus is on car travel. Furthermore, it also offers you highly accurate real-time information regarding road closure, traffic conditions et cetera. The interface of this app is quite attractive and it offers customization. The pros and cons associated with this app include the following.
Key Features of WAZE
- Highly accurate real-time information regarding road closure, construction activities, accidents, and any other traffic-related items.
- It allows you to connect the app to your Facebook account so that you can update your location on your timeline.
- It lets you choose the best route in terms of low traffic and short distance.
MapQuest is another great navigational app that offers you turn-by-turn directions. Furthermore, in many areas, it also offers rerouting directions based on traffic, live traffic updates, and the availability of gas and their prices. In case your car breaks down in the middle of the road, you can use this app to call a tow truck also.
Key Features of MapQuest
- It shows multiple routes to choose from.
- Turn by turn navigation.
- Shows the best gas prices.
- Book hotel reservations through this app.
Scout GPS Link
This is the repackaged old TeleNav app that offers you very reliable turn-by-turn navigation. The main focus of this app is the user. It has several unique features like texting people automatically (who are on a special list that you have created). If somebody you knew needs your help, then this app can alert you. It is used by many car manufacturers in their products.
Key Features of Scout GPS Navigation
- It has all the basic features like turn-by-turn navigation and real-time traffic updates.
- Social media integration.
- Search for restaurants nearby.
Polaris GPS: Hiking, Offroad
This is another great navigational app that offers you access to multiple maps like the Cycle Route Maps, Google Maps, MapQuest Maps, and OpenStreetMaps. It also provides you with different coordinate formats, an amazing waypoint management system, and trail recording along with turn directions. Some of the pros and cons associated with this navigational app include the following.
Key Features of Polaris GPS Navigation
- Get turn by turn driving directions through other navigation services.
- Unlimited offline map downloads.
- Navigation for outdoor activities like biking, boating, hiking, or off-road driving.
- Inbuilt compass.
Using navigational apps to go to a new place has become quite normal for people. There are different navigational apps available that offer you different services.
Therefore, you have to do some research to find out which one of these is best suited for your unique needs. All the apps that are listed here have both free and paid versions. We suggest that you should choose the free version of each one of these apps to see which one offers you the best services and then select the right one. You can also buy its premium version for even better features.